The importance of facility management is in operating and maintaining facilities to the highest level of efficiency, comfort, occupant safety, and purpose of each building / space.
Over time, a facilities management software solution can help drive down the cost of space, increase employee satisfaction, improve productivity, and maximize the potential of the real estate portfolio. It can control and improve the way you utilize space, but can also be leveraged not only for the Facility Managers, but for the entire organization.
FM Technology Challenges
- You aren’t getting the full value of your current solution due to weak or under-developed processes
- Duplication of efforts across multiple departments results in inefficiency
- You are not able to pull the reports you need because your space or asset data is not standardized
- Planning and scheduling personnel moves or maintenance tasks is difficult due to a lack of automated communication between systems
- Employees are challenged with understanding the full capabilities of the software that is currently in place
- You have a lot of data that needs attention and are not sure how to prioritize
- Maximize utilization across your Real Estate portfolio for current and future business needs
- Achieve peak performance when it comes to the operation and maintenance of your facilities and assets
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to strategically plan your company’s future real estate footprint
- Integrate with other Enterprise Resource Planning systems to centralize data
- Reporting capabilities to be used across your entire company, not just Real Estate and Facilities
- Automate business workflows to achieve maximum efficiency in day-to-day operations
- Effectively manage projects within Real Estate and Facility Management
- Maximize your FM: Systems technology investment with our award-winning training
- Are you working with the right tools? See the latest here
Connecting AutoCAD and Revit with Space Management
CADD and FM:Systems partnered to provide space management capabilities to a large federal government agency by implementing an FM:Systems’ Integrated Workplace Management Software (Space Management Module) solution. This government agency has more than 50,000 employees and 5 million square feet of real estate. CADD assisted with drawing and model preparations as well as the installation and setup of the modules. The FM:Interact solution is providing bi-directional integration with the organization’s AutoCAD drawings and Revit models, allowing the agency to support their space management goals with AutoCAD and Revit across the entire portfolio. Moving forward, every space is accountable, and the one centralized location makes it possible for facility professionals, department liaisons and executive management to have visibility into space and occupancy.
Implementation and Ongoing Training and Maintenance
CADD and FM:Systems partnered to consult for an independent agency of the federal government. FM:Systems provided the software technology consisting of the Integrated Workplace Management Software with the following modules: Space Management, Asset Management, Move Management and Real Estate. In the option years they have purchased Mobile, Space Reservation and Facility Maintenance. CADD has provided the CAD and implementation services, installation and deployment, training and ongoing assistance of these modules.
Drawing Scanning and HR Data Integration
CADD provided consulting services for a large biopharmaceutical company. These services included scanning of drawings, review and configuration of human resource data integration to increase efficiency. We also assisted in the implementation of the Space Management, Move Management, and Strategic Planning modules in FM:Interact.
Implementation and Workflow Development
CADD assists a Washington, DC-based law firm that has used FM:Interact for more than 10 years with space and move management. The firm leveraged the software to facilitate moves to and from various locations in their portfolio. CADD is also providing consulting services to implement the Maintenance module and develop a workflow to meet the business requirements.
Implementation and Training
CADD is providing consulting services to a small government agency that is implementing FM:Interact. CADD implemented the Space Management, Asset Management, Facility Maintenance, Real Estate, Strategic Planning and Mobile modules in FM:Interact for the agency to be utilized across the entire organization. CADD also provided on-site training for the end users to ensure that the go live experience was seamless.